Monday 9 April 2012

Take it off

        Today I learned how to "strip" a wing chair (or start to anyways). Hard work yes, worth it? I think so. The fabric was grubby (and pink)... it needed to be rescued- but I think the chair is going to look rather fantastic when its finished. It definitely takes some elbow grease to pull all of those staples out, but I gave it my all, heeled boots and all. I am only just starting to get into upholstering (thanks to Staci) but I think that I am really going to like it. I'm all about sustainable design and when your pulling apart the chair you think to yourself  "WHY wouldn't you just not get a new one!!!" but then you remember that this chair would be in a landfill otherwise and that its worth the work; I'm not one to take the lazy route. In the next few weeks I think I am going to be working on a dining room chair (with Staci) that I bought at an antique place for about fifteen dollars. It will be easier to learn on then the wing back as its just a seat that has to be re-done as apose to a back, arms, and a seat. I am pretty excited I must say. 


Here is Staci's link if you are looking to get some reupholstering done (which you will be once you check it out!): http://www.switchstudio.ca/  Here are some pieces that she has re-vamped:









No comments:

Post a Comment