Friday 27 April 2012

Something I wouldn't normally pick up

       I have just started the Coco Chanel biography (by Justine Picardie) and so far so good! I've said before, I have never been into biography's and would have never picked this up on my own... but I'm glad that I got it. 
     I'm only on the third chapter but it seems as though she was very eccentric; she would create different versions of her life and tell them (mostly to her close friends) which has created gaps in her life story and different versions of certain events. For instance, she said that she grew up with her aunts, when infact she grew up in an orphanage. One thing I didn't realise is that she was born in 1883 and that she was very ahead of her time (to be honest, I didn't/don't know anything about her at all). I've been told that she had a very interesting life (even some of my guy friends are interested in borrowing the book when I'm done). 
      I thought I would look up some images and post them here to share! (Images were harder to find then I thought!) 




















No comments:

Post a Comment