Sunday 20 May 2012

A sigh at the end of the day

      If one's main reason to take a bath is to relax, shouldn't the environment its in be just as relaxing? How does one design a "relaxing" space? What elements have to be considered in order to create this kind of environment? A nice view, lighting, colour selections, finishes, sounds that can be created in the space (or rather sounds blocked out of that space).... I'm not too sure.. those would be my first thoughts.
Here are some images of what I would call relaxing environments:
What makes a relaxing environment for you?


     This picture looks quite to me. I like the window drape, the floors, and the tub itself. The outside view indicates a city but whoever designed this space has done a nice job of creating a simple, relaxing environment. When I look at this space I can see myself opening that window, lining candles along the window sill and just relaxing with a glass of wine while I listen to the city below. 

Cozy, simple, dark, quite, use of natural light
*I don't know where this image came from, it is not mine.


Element of sound, use of natural light, calmness of white, the breeze the view...
*I don't know where this image came from, it is not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment