Thursday 24 May 2012

Eeeny weenie teeeny weenie skinny little short short..... space.

(If you were a fan of 90's dance music you will enjoy my title)


     Making the most of the space you have- I find this a major design challenge. Because I'm "new" to this whole interior design thing... I sometimes run into the problem of creating floor plans that have little weird spaces at the end that "can't be used". So yes, this is rectified before being approved...or I come up with a way to use the space...but what about those who actually have these awkward tiny spaces in their home? What do you do with space that feels "too small"? Often people with small spaces have to utilize what they have to their best ability. This again goes back to "thinking out of the box" which I'm always talking about. Either way, here are some spaces that have been used in a unique way to make the most of the given space (should I say "space" again?)
*Note, I don't know where I got these images from, they are not mine

Would this be Harry Potters bathroom? (Lame joke only understood by HP fans..like myself)


 Using exposed beams to create shelves for books (love this)


Little nook with pull out drawer bed


 Tiny bedroom space that probably wouldn't feel as cramped as one might think. This is done by using horizontal wood planks (which makes the space appear wider), a light paint colour, and light furniture to not heavy the space. Everything is also proportionate- little lamp, little rug, little bed, little light.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment