Wednesday 16 May 2012

R-r-r-r-r-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrustic

      One of my favourite styles is "rustic". Not like country down home rustic.... but like antique/French/barn/old rustic. IF that even makes sense.          
     One thing I like doing is mixing different styles together to create an interesting space. Not EVERYTHING has to be modern, not EVERYTHING has to be Moroccan, not EVERYTHING has to be elegant and sophisticated. I often like when rustic pieces are thrown into the mix. Lets get a little more interesting here people. 


Here is what I mean:


      *Now although this is not my own PERSONAL style... its a good example because of the mixture of materials; VERY rustic ceiling and windows mixed with nice white sophisticated furniture..yet it works in a weird way. The ceilings add a very strong element of unexpected interest. If you were just looking at the furniture and hadn't looked up yet.. you would not be picturing this kind of ceiling.
*Not sure where this picture is from, however it is not mine.


*Example of the kind of rustic I like


*Another example of "good" rustic. I call this "old rustic"


*That kind of "French rustic" I was talking about


*That little element of rustic that I mentioned. This would be an example of something that you could add to a space as your mix and match piece



2 comments:

  1. Obsessed with the first image. Exposed wood beams are an all time favourite of mine!

    xo Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you buy solid wood home furnishings you are getting good quality, style and durability. Solid wood household furniture is so easy.
    Modern Furniture

    ReplyDelete