Monday 26 March 2012

Thinking outside the box...or table

http://www.laylagrayce.com/Products/Somerset-Bay-Santa-Rosa-Server__SB139.aspx?SSAID=314743

          Yet again, I was looking on Pinterest and came across this; Its two old coffee tables, that have been repainted,  and attached to each other (with the addition of the bottom piece) to make a free standing shelf unit. I wouldn't have ever thought to do this on my own. There are many things that I come across and wonder "how did someone think to do this?!" yet its so obvious. 
          A few weeks ago, I came across an image of an old coffee table that someone repainted and made a cushion for it (that was tacked down in some way) and the coffee table was now a bench- now THAT I must try. I have a coffee table that has been ruined on top by candle wax- I don't want to get rid of the table (it was my parents) and I don't have the time to attempt to refinish it, and I need more seating in my bedroom, so maybe I could turn it into a bench like the one I saw in the picture.
         I would like to think of myself as a creative person, but sometimes I am dumbfounded by the things people think of/create. I see a coffee table and I think "that's a nice coffee table". I don't think "hey maybe I can stack one on top of the other and turn into a buffet table". 
        I'm all about reusing items and keeping things out of landfills- this unit has been turned into something beautiful, functional and the two coffee tables have been found by a creative eye to make this nifty piece of furniture. This to me, is thinking outside the box. 

1 comment: